Wednesday, October 22, 2008

I'm just so proud....

I always thought it was kind of silly how my dad would rave on and on about how proud he was of me after a choir performance, award assembly, etc. It was like this light would turn on in his eyes whenever his kids accomplished anything and he would want to tell the world. He still kind of does the same thing.

I never really understood that until now. Once upon a time I had so many activities and personal goals in my life. Now my time and energy has transferred to making my children's dreams come true. I hope someday I will be able to pick up on my own goals again, but for now I am okay with living through my children's accomplishments.

Here are this week's greatest: Tolkien can read some simple words like "sat", "dad" and "bed"; Odessa mastered a rock up in her new tumbling class (where she can stand up out of a back-bend); and Braunte' just got a lead part in her school play. She is Princess Aurora/Briar Rose in "Sleeping Beauty".

And just like my dad, I look at them and all they have done and beam.

1 comment:

Amy N. said...

YAY for your kids! They are growing up so fast and you are such a great mom for putting your goals on hold for theirs.

My kids were so thrilled when I showed them your blog! They love to surf the blogs and see their friends they don't get to see as often.

PS) I am tagging you-check out my post on 10/21