The other night John and I were sitting in bed and I guess I made a weird face. He asked what I was thinking about and I had no idea how to respond. I had been thinking of about 15 random thoughts in the previous 30 seconds.............I forgot to make some phone calls, who drives carpool in the morning? I need to work on the school newsletter, I hope I remember to email those Young Womens notes to Stacie, I wonder where that paper went, I need to check on my mother-in-law, I should have played more with Tolkien today, I only have a few days left to get our tax information ready, I need to finish sewing Braunté's costume, when am I going to be able to make it to the grocery store? Did I lock the back door? I hope I don't forget to put those things in my bag, I didn't start the dishwasher, I signed up to work at the Book Fair tomorrow................
Mark Gungor "Tale of Two Brains"
So my dad sent me an email with this video in it and it's too true. I thought it was pretty funny. This video really explains a lot about issues John and I have had. I already knew how my brain worked and now I know what's going on in John's, but the question is, is there a solution?
Here's a typical day in the life of us, do you think John is in "the nothing box"?

4 comments:
So did you have John pose for this post, or did you just happen to have the perfect picture of him? FUNNY!
I saw that clip on TV years ago and I thought it was funny then but it's hillarious now. Oh the difference between men and women. Wouldn't it be great if we could all take a little of both? ok not so much but still...
I couldn't sleep last night because of all the things I was thinking about. It's amazing how you can have 50 different unrelated thoughts in 30 seconds. Love the pictures - is that your "be quiet and sit at the table. Dinners almost done." face?! (I think that's about what I look like that time of day!
just happened to have those pictures. The one of me is because either Odessa or Tolkien got a hold of my camera while I was doing dishes and that is just the pose they got. :)
Yup, John's definitely in the nothing box there!
Cameron
Post a Comment