Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Curse you milk!

Okay, most of you know that Tolkien is addicted to milk. I went from buying 2 gallons every 3 weeks to 4 gallons per week. Anyway, for the last couple years the first words from his mouth were "milk" every morning. When he would fall asleep in the car and I would carry him into the house he would wake up half way and say "miiiilk" and fall back asleep.

The last couple of months he hasn't been so bad. Probably because we have finally weaned him from his sippy cup and told him that 4 year olds (his birthday's next week)don't need to take milk to church each week. He has found a new power in being able to keep his cup of milk in the fridge and go take a swig whenever he pleases.

So why do I curse milk? I have cleaned up more spilled milk over the last 2 months than I have in the two years prior. His cup seems to get bumped over all the time. The worst was a few weeks ago when he put his cup on the top shelf on top of other stuff and when I opened the fridge door it fell and spilled over EVERY single item on the door shelves, ran down the inside shelves, into the bins, and under the fridge. I was not a happy mommy. Since I can't cry over spilled milk I must curse it. Curse you milk!

The good news? I have cleaned my fridge 4 times this month.

3 comments:

tamie said...

Milk is the worst thing to clean up, and if you don't get it right away it stinks forever. I feel your pain.

kendra said...

I'd stick with the sippy cup - I hate cleaning the fridge. I guess it's good it's not juice though - sticky.

Dell said...

I think the answer here it to feed him milk intravenously. Put the IV by the bed, gone will be the days of spilled milk and sippy cups.